Click on an image to set the scene for your custom ride.
Click on the wheels and bodywork you want to add to your car. Apply color using the color bar.
Choose an image for the side of your car and customize it using the color bar.
Change the color of your car, wheels, bodywork, or graphics at any time by dragging a color to the area you want to paint.
Click between them to choose your background, accessories, and graphics.
Want more tweets?
Follow us on twitter @esurance
We're choosing winners, drawing up plans, and getting to work on creating the ride of tomorrow.
Check back for videos of the build's progress. And tune into the season premiere of West Coast Customs to see the winners.
THE CONTEST (DEFINED BELOW) IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY CHRYSLER GROUP LLC (JEEP), WEST COAST CUSTOMS OR TWITTER, INC. (“TWITTER”). INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO THE CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THE CONTEST WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND TO WINNER NOTIFICATION AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS FROM SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) WITHIN SEVENTY-TWO (72) HOURS ACCORDING TO THE NOTICE(S) FROM SPONSOR OR ANY CONTEST PRIZE, MAY BE FORFEITED (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION).
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Esurance’s FANtasy Build Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Esurance Insurance Services, Inc., 650 Davis St., San Francisco, California 94111 (“Sponsor”), and is open only to legal residents of any one (1) the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Corporate entities are not eligible and have no right to claim any prize won by their employees. Employees, officers, directors, members, managers, agents, and representatives and family members of such individuals (or people living in the same household whether related or not) of Sponsor and their respective corporate partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors in interest, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies (collectively, the “Sponsoring Entities”) are not eligible. For the purposes of the Contest, family members are defined as spouse, partner, mother, father, legal guardian, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren (including "step" as they may apply).
2. CONTEST DESCRIPTION AND PERIOD: Eligible individuals (“Entrants”) are invited to submit a new car feature idea (“Idea”) to Sponsor in accordance with the Submission Requirements in Section 4 below for the purpose of such Idea to be custom build into a car (the “Car for the Modern World”). Five Finalists (defined below) will be chosen and their Ideas (defined below) will be built into the Car for the Modern World by West Coast Customs and the build will be televised on the West Coast Customs television series. The “Contest Period” begins at 10:00am. Pacific Time (“PT”) on April 14, 2014 and ends at 5:00pm. PT on June 23, 2014.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter this Contest either (1) visit www.fantasybuild.com (“Microsite”) and follow the instructions to complete and submit an entry form, including, without limitation, providing your Idea, e-mail address and other required information, or (2) submit your Idea on your public Twitter account using #fantasybuild (“Entry”). For purposes of this Contest, an Entry is “received” when the Microsite or Twitter records the Entry and it is visible to Sponsor. Incorrect and/or incomplete Entries and Entries received outside the Contest Period (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) will be void. All Twitter Entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Entries must meet all of the following Requirements in Sponsors’ sole discretion, or the Entry will be disqualified:
5. WINNERS SELECTION
FIVE FINALISTS: All Entries will be judged by a panel of judges (“Judges”) selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entries shall be judged by the Judges based on the following criteria according to the percentage weights indicated: (a) innovation: (1/3), (b) practicality: (1/3), and (c) creativity: (1/3). The five Entries that receive the highest total score among all judging criteria will be the potential “Finalists”, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order to break the tie. All Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
ONE GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Once the Ideas are built into a car by West Coast Customs the Finalists’ Ideas shall be judged based on the final build by the Judges on the following criteria according to the percentage weights indicated: (a) innovation: (1/3), (b) practicality: (1/3), and (c) creativity: (1/3). The Finalist that receives the highest total score among all judging criteria will be the potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in order to break the tie. All Judges’ decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right to contact participants for verification purposes and administration of the Contest. The five potential Finalists will be notified by e-mail or direct message for Twitter Entries at the end of the Contest Period. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified on a West Coast Customs television broadcast of the car build. Any Prize or Contest-related communication shall be rejected if a Finalist does not respond according to Sponsor’s instructions. As a condition of entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to complete, execute, and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity, liability and other releases (unless prohibited by law) without alteration and within seventy two (72) hours of notification attempt (which may require providing winner’s Social Security Number for tax purposes) or a Finalist will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given and Sponsors will have no responsibility or liability to that participant.
Each Finalist shall receive (1) Sponsor provided (a) round-trip flight to Los Angeles, California, and (b) two (2) night hotel stay at a hotel in or around Los Angeles, and (2) a mandatory invitation to appear on an episode of West Cost Customs’ television show for the car build.
Grand Prize winner shall receive (1) the custom car built in connection with this Contest to be collected by Grand Prize winner at the SEMA car show in Las Vegas, Nevada on November 7, 2014, (2) $5,000 to set off hotel and airfare costs for two (2) to travel to the Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA) car show in Las Vegas, Nevada to be held on or about November 4-7, 2014 and to set off costs of transporting the Car for the Modern World to Grand Prize winner’s home, and two (2) entrance tickets to the SEMA car show, and (3) a cash prize of $5,000 to be used to set off car insurance and car maintenance costs.
Total ARV of the all Prizes: US $120,000.00
7. WARRANTY: The Releasees assume absolutely no responsibility for damages, losses, or injury resulting from the Grand Prize custom car or its operation. The Releasees make no warranty of any kind regarding the Grand Prize custom car. Acceptance and use of the Grand Prize custom car is at the Grand Prize Winner’s own risk. THE RELEASEES EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OFFERED BY THE RELEASEES BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE GRAND PRIZE ON THE FACE HEREOF.
ARV is as of the date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in the value of any Prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. Prize elements, other than the Car for the Modern World which is to be shipped from the SEMA car show to the Grand Prize winner’s home, will only be delivered to winner’s address in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. No cash redemptions. Each Finalist may be issued an IRS 1099 form. Each Prize, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Finalists must be able to travel to Los Angeles, California on Sponsor-selected dates or the Prize in its entirety may be forfeited and (time permitting) an alternate randomly selected winner chosen. Failure to travel to Los Angeles and/or stay at the hotel does not relieve the winner of his/her tax obligations associated with winning those portions of the prize. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any portion of any Prize that is lost, mutilated or stolen or that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of incorrect or changed contact information. If any Finalist does not accept or use any part of any Prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsors will have no further obligation with respect to that portion of the Prize.
8. Licenses and Approvals: Entrants may not submit an Entry on behalf of someone else. By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant meets all eligibility criteria for participation in the Contest. In addition, by submitting an Entry in this Contest, Entrant grants the Sponsoring Entities an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to publish, post, display, copy, distribute, transmit, edit, use alone, together or with other works, and otherwise exploit Entrants name, voice, persona, likeness, image, prize information, any quotes attributable to Entrant, biographical data and any other indicia of persona in any manner whatsoever throughout the world, including on the Internet, and at any time or times, in connection with the Contest, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter discovered, without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law, and Entrant releases all Releasees from any and all liability related thereto. ENTRANT FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IF ENTRANT IS CHOSEN AS A WINNER, ENTRANTS IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ENTRANTS NAME, MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BEING PLACED ON A WINNERS' LIST.
9. Limitation of Liability: The Releasees are not responsible or liable for any of the following: (a) stolen, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, mutilated, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, or illegible Entries, e-mail, mail, Contest-related correspondence or postage-due mail or any technical, computer, mechanical, printing, typographical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the mailing or transmission of notification or correspondence, the processing of Entries, the announcement of any prize or in any Contest related materials; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention; (d) human error; (e) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission or communication; (f) viruses or mechanical malfunctions; (g) errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Contest related advertisements or other materials; or (h) lost or unavailable network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of filtering or insufficient space in Entrant’s e-mail account. Sponsor is not responsible, and may disqualify Entrant, if his or her e-mail address, telephone, or other contact information does not work or if it is changed without Entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsor. If for any reason an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Contest, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest.
AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTERANT AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, WEST COAST CUSTOMS, TWITTER, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS AND ADVERTISING, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASEES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR AWARDING OF ANY PRIZE, WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON OR PROPERTY.
ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
10. Disputes and Governing Law. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN ENTRANT AND ANY RELEASEE ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
Any dispute arising under or related hereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be governed by the laws of the State of California, without reference to its conflicts of law principles and will be brought exclusively in the state and federal courts located in San Francisco, California.
11. General Rules: Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to restrict or void online Entries or participation from any IP address if any suspicious Entry and/or participation is detected. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void Entries of any Entrants who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that Entrant is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these Official Rules, or engaging in behavior that Sponsor deems obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest and award the prize from eligible entries received prior to cancellation, modification, or suspension or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
12. Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of these Official Rules or a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, #10 business envelope to “Esurance FANtasy Build Contest, ATTN: Official Rules (or “Winner's List”) Request, 650 Davis Street, San Francisco, CA 94111.” Rules requests must be received no later than one month after the end of the Contest Period and winner’s list request must be received within three (3) months of the end of the Contest Period. Vermont residents may omit return postage for rules request.
Give us your most inspired idea.
Hybrid? Cool. Hydrogen? Now that kicks it up a notch.
If your idea’s 1 of the 5 most creative and innovative (yet practical), it’ll be added to the FANtasy Build and you’ll get to appear on an episode of West Coast Customs.
The person with the most cutting-edge idea will win the car, courtesy of Esurance, Insurance for the Modern World.
Please limit yourself to one idea per entry. But enter as many times as you’d like.